Translate

...how to move this piano I spontaneously purchased?

Congratulations, me! :) I saw a free piano on the community webpage and didn't get to it in time. Damn. Then I saw one for $300 at this vintage furniture thriftshop place, A World Through Rose Colored Glasses. But it wasn't tuned and I wasn't mentally prepared and that one got sold, too. THEN I went to buy reclaimed wood at the Rebuilding Exchange and they had a piano! For $250!

I have this secret little change purse that I stash $20s away in as "mad money" for occasions like the time I went to Alinea or this piano, so that way I can't judge myself and it doesn't hurt. :) It's like FREE MADNESS!!! It makes me feel like a high roller, because I'm like, "Sure, I'll drop a few hundo, nbd." Anyhow, I bought it. Immediately. I didn't quite realize there were different sizes of uprights, but on Quality Piano Moving's estimate site, I guess I bought the smallest real piano possible. My pitch to the third moving company I contacted (QPM seemed super nice, but $230 wasn't left in that mad money wallet): "Okay, I bought the smallest upright piano sold, the warehouse it comes from has a ramp, and I live only 1.5 miles away and only THREE stairs DOWN in a garden apartment and I promise my bigstrongboyfriend will help you." $160.

I haaaaad been thinking of renting a baby uHaul and trying to wheel & deal since it's like, what? 2 hours? 1.5 miles? I bet I could get a few friends. Plus this video:



But that might still be like $80? Then I was like, "Well. This is a thing not to screw up." So instead of half-assing it, I'm 3/4 assing it by getting this guy, his truck, his supplies, his dolly, etc. So that happens tomorrow... will update. :X I've also heard that after being moved, they might go out of tune. We shall see! Congratulations me?

No comments:

Post a Comment